bluerot

Sunday, May 06, 2007

mission: aborted

Well, the yarn shop mission was a dismal failure...i'd been driving for ages with my own idea that the shop was closer to home than it actually is...a lot closer!
Self-doubt set in, navigational instruments were absent (left the street directory at home) and my navigator was awol (well, in meeting at work)!...and so, i made the call to abort....only to discover that i had in fact been one mere street away - aarrgghh!

oh well....by the time i'd arrived home, more yarn arrived in the mail which satisfied all yarn yearnings!

there was some deliciously warm and fuzzy dye-free brushed alpaca in a rather scrumptious chocolate...


....and some simply gorgeous 'glam queen green' banana silk yarn!!


both were purchased from alleco who are lovely to deal with and speedy - my order arrived within 2 days!

I was thrilled to find the brushed alpaca in the bargain bin! I'm keen to knit up a beanie and 'knucks' for my dad to match a scarf a knitted up for him ages ago in the same yarn...
....and perhaps a something for over the shoulders with that glamorous green...?
...we'll see!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home